Monday 4 June 2012

43 The Dead Zone

urbanlane / sxc.hu
What do you do when you have no new projects coming up?  Eki and Antti work for lots of other film companies as well as little margie productions, so they´re always busy. Antti and his steadicam, long ago, were signed up to shoot at the London Olympics. Eki works at least 20/7 almost every day. But ever since I finished my work on "marihuanland" I´ve been free-floater.

What I did was pack up my camera (and interview) gear and take it with me to the US (the Wild West). Spent a couple of months checking out this and that but nothing clicked. Until I seriously started to listen to Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, David Allen Coe and other country western greats. Decided that since I´m hanging out in John Ford country it would be fun to shoot a a CW music video.

"A Tiny Ton of Trouble" will be a two (or maybe three) minute video on youtube*. We (my guitar teacher, some of the guitar-picking red-neck construction crew who worked on my house and I are collaborating on the lyrics and the music (with, I´m sure a contribution from Eki). What I discovered was, that it´s damn difficult and takes a lot of hard work to come up with a credible tune. But the filming has been has been fantastic fun.

*Posh Poor & Middlelass BRITS has had approx 11,000 hits on youtube

Lesson 43: Keep shooting. It´s good target practice.

Next week: 44 More Bang For Your Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment